My name is Adam Curry and this section will contain info about me in the future, as soon as I get a few other things done.
Clearly it's time for me to start taking this blog roll serious, as it is now at it's own url: blogroll.curry.com
My LinkBlog (updates very frequently)
Reading legal documents is a hobby of mine.
I just finished reading the 72 page indictment of the 'Mega Conspiracy', as the feds call it, and have 3 thoughts:
1. Megaupload was a 'pirate' operation and everyone knows it.
2. The Dutch guy is an idiot for sending so much confidential information on email. What was he using? GMail?
3. This case proves there is a real business to be built by 'Hollywood' with their content on-line.
The entire document is filled with examples of how the company owners, employees, but also their viral business model of referrals and advertising resulted in hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue. People ultimately were paying for content, either with cash or time they invested in building a referral network to continue their access to this content.
Wow. People are willing to pay. Who would have thought??
This is powerful evidence that all content can benefit from new models, that aren't built on locked-in, locked-up, fenced-in gatekeeper denial of service.
Two remnant thoughts:
1. PayPal and several hosting companies were also well aware of what MU was doing, yet they are not indicted (as far as I know).
2. Why the hell do we need SOPA? Seems the current system worked just fine.
No Agenda Show for Thursday January 19th 2012
Executive Producers: Sir Michael Miller "On behalf of Sir Gitmo Slave", Peter Gill [375 Club Member]
Associate Executive Producers: Brian, Sir Norman McDonough, Austin Voss, Robert Burgess
Become a member of the 376 Club, support the show here
Knighthoods: Frank Roe
Art By: Thoren
ShowNotes Archive of links and Assets (clips etc) 375.nashownotes.com
New: Directory Archive of Shownotes (includes all audio and video assets used) nashownotes.com
The No Agenda News Network- noagendanewsnetwork.com
Subscribe to our Podcast Feed
Join the Mailing List!